Do your MVC model properties contain attributes? Have you ever wanted to unit test the properties to verify that the ModelState fails or succeeds based on given values? Below is a static method that can be used for your unit tests as you test your models.
The other day I needed to install SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1 on a machine. Because I was installing it on a Windows Server 2003, I couldn’t simply install SQL 2008, I needed to install R2 SP1 because SQL Server 2008 doesn’t like being installed on Windows Server 2003. Unfortunately, SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1 doesn’t have a base installer – there’s only an upgrade installer. So, I was required to perform a procedure call “slipstreaming”. A slipstream installation is one in which the upgrade pack is added to the base installer and installed initially instead of installing the base and upgrading. In this way, SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1, because it’s compatible with Windows Server 2003, would not complain at install time.
I’m currently working with a client for whom I’m upgrading their mixed 2007 and 2010 farm to SharePoint 2013. Unfortunately, a site collection on a SharePoint 2007 farm they no longer have access to was exported instead of backed up. What makes matters worse, whoever performed the export, expanded the .cmp file. My client wanted the files from export.
While there are a few sites that give instructions on how to perform imports (like, here, here and here), as anyone who has worked with SharePoint 2007, it can be very finicky – everything, including the stars, must line up. I also tried “re-compressing” the export file since the .cmp file is nothing more than a .cab file. However, I had additional issues with the resulting .cab file since we were dealing with a 7GB file on a Windows 2003 machine (they don’t play nicely together). I also tried using a tool from Mike Smith to convert the files from the export file. But, being that Mike hadn’t worked on the solution since many years ago, of course, the application was giving me cryptic exception errors.
After all failed attempts, I was finally required to write a PowerShell script that reads the Manifest.xml and converts all of the .dat files to their original filenames in the original SharePoint 2007 file structure. I’ve posted the PowerShell script on GitHub.
The other day I was setting up a new Windows Deployment Services image for a TFS/SharePoint Hyper-V environment. The host machine was running Windows Server 2012 R2. Per the normal process, I imported the Install.wim and Boot.wim images from the Windows Server 2012 media to my Install Images and Boot Images folders, respectively, in WDS. This process operated as expected and were imported successfully.
I, then, needed to create a capture image in order to capture my Windows Server 2012 images for redeployment. Therefore, I right-clicked on the Boot.wim image in Windows Deployment Services and clicked on “Create Capture Image…” to create my capture image. The capture image was created successfully, or so I thought…Read more
Subscribe to receive new posts in your inbox.